From business card printing to banners and PoS material, the cost of business printing services can mount up. As your local printer, we want to provide our tips to ensure you avoid common mistakes. With a little extra time spent on preparation, you can benefit from great value printing services.
Plan Print Orders in AdvanceIt can be cheaper to order in bulk. For this reason, plan when you are going to place a printing order in advance. You can then create a list of what is required and check with other members of the team. Consider how much of each item you realistically need. There is no point spending out on a high volume of corporate printing if it is just going to sit in the storage cupboard. Do you have any forthcoming events, exhibitions or promotions? Consider whether your local printer can supply everything you need to ensure that you make a strong impression. Are you about to recruit someone who means that business card printing is on the list? Requesting everything you need in one print order is more efficient. You can send the artwork through once, confirm your requirements and then let your local print company take over the responsibility.
Organise Artwork for Corporate PrintingIs all the artwork prepared for the necessary printing services? Is this stored in one easy to access folder? If you need assistance with print design, speak to your local printer. They may offer in-house design services, or be able to recommend a trusted graphic designer. If you need print design services in Chesham, Butterfly Print & Design is on hand to assist. Please be aware that for successful corporate printing:
- Artwork files should be supplied with 3mm of bleed (designing your print with an extra 3mm of coverage beyond each trim mark is recommended)
- Artwork files should be saved as 4-process colours (cyan, magenta, yellow and black) unless there are any spot colours specified
- The final pdf needs to be saved to the correct size ie. A4 for brochure or menu printing or A5 for leaflet printing
- High-resolution images are essential for creating a quality printed product. If you submit something for print that isn’t the proper resolution, your images will come out ‘soft’, blurry, or even pixilated. A minimum of 300 dpi (dots per inch) is recommended.
You may also be interested in:
- Engaging Exhibition Stands With Corporate Printing Services
- Best Prices On Business Cards For Local Chesham Businesses
- The Benefits Of Using Local Printers For Quality Business Card Printing At Competitive Rates
- Suit-Able Workwear – Do I Need A Tie?
Check and Check again to Avoid Errors on your Corporate PrintingWe cannot stress the importance of thoroughly checking all information before submitting a print order. Ask others to check spelling, dates, times, prices and contact details – just one incorrect detail can leave a stack of professionally printed brochures redundant. Reviewers should also help to identify if any crucial elements are missing.
Achieve a Consistent Print FinishBrand identification demands consistency. It is important to set branding guidelines which determine which logo and format are to be used on different print materials. You should specify exact colours, fonts and sizes, as well as the positioning of branding information on various sized documents. Consistency also applies to the choice of paper. Which weight do you order for your business stationery printing? Do you opt for a matt, satin or gloss finish for leaflet printing? Are printed brochures to be stitched or bound? Are printed PoS displays always laminated? By preparing standards for the look, feel and finish of corporate printing materials, it becomes easier to re-order and all items will have a uniform appearance.
Seek Advice from your Local PrinterLocal printers like Chesham’s Butterfly Design and Print are printing thousands of leaflets, brochures, banners and business cards every week. We understand print processes, materials and how to achieve certain end results. Asking questions and making the most of this expertise can help you to achieve the results that you are looking for, in the most cost-effective ways. You are welcome to contact our Chesham Print team at email@example.com or on 01494 782605 with any queries. We are happy to advise, so you receive the corporate print services that you need.